In less than a minute, Amanda Nunes reclaimed her title as the UFC Women’s Bantam Weight Champion. Hate to say, but Ronda Rousey was destroyed in just 48 seconds of being back in the Octagon Ring. A quick left hook followed by a heavy hitting four-punch combo had the referee calling the fight a win for Nunes.
This is the first time that Rousey has stepped foot back in the ring after her last defeat to Holly Holm. In Rousey vs. Holm, Rousey was knocked out by Holm in the second round. She has been absent from the ring since then and her fans thought she would be making a comeback. Sadly, fans are questioning if this is the end of the line for Rousey’s MMA career.
Both Rousey and Nunes have been in the spotlight due to their success and wins. Let’s take a look at some of their achievements.
- Winning streak of 12 consecutive MMA fight wins.
- 6 UFC wins before her first loss to Holly Holm back in November 2015.
- 11 Fights won in the first round, 9 of those wins were by using arm-bar submissions.
- Fighting style – Mixed Martial Arts & Judoka
- 5 Straight wins by KO.
- Fastest Knock-Out was Julia Budd in 14 seconds.
- Current UFC Bantam Weight Champion
- Fighting style – Brazilian Mixed Martial Arts
Ronda Rousey and Amanda Nunes both possess incredible skill and talent in the ring. Will this loss for Rousey cause her to call it quits? If so does this mean Nunes just takes the lead for the Women’s UFC? Only time will tell. It took Amanda Nunes less than a minute to take out former champion Rousey, where do they go from here?